Decision Maker: Officer Decision
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
On 3rd November 2020, Executive considered a revised Medium Term Financial Plan (E/20/22) which included a number of savings proposals. These include a proposal to planting schemes and reduce grass cutting.
Executive resolved to delegate the final decision on this matter to the Chief Operating Officer (or Head of Governance if the Chief Operating Officer is conflicted) to allow for full employee consultation.
To implement the following saving proposals from 1 April 2021:
· The number of grass cuts be reduced by a third across our parks and open spaces leaving the grass longer.
· The number of Highways Verge cuts funded by IBC be reduced from 7 to 5.
· That planting in parks will move away from planting annual seasonal bedding and instead introduce perennial planting schemes in keeping with the character of the park.
· The Westerfield Road roundabout move away from planting annual seasonal bedding and instead introduce perennial planting.
· The reduction of 5 x Parks Operatives.
· The reduction of 3 x Technician Grounds Maintenance.
Reason: These actions will deliver savings of £100,000 from 1 April 2021 as indicated in the Revised Medium Term Financial Plan report (E/20/22, 3 November 2020).
The staffing establishment reduction of 8 posts can be achieved with no compulsory redundancies.
Publication date: 22/12/2020
Date of decision: 22/12/2020
Effective from: 01/01/2021