Decision Maker: Officer Decision
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The Council look to enter a lease of plot D Raeburn Road.
Decision made to enter into a lease at the above property. The Council owns the freehold of this property and has granted a ten-year lease to SA & ML Cars for the purpose of storage.
· Opportunity to strategically manage the Council’s estate. The Council owns the freehold of the land. The area is designated as industrial land.
· This is bare land with no services on the former Volvo Car site and was vacant for 11 months.
· An independent valuation was obtained confirming the Market Rent. Incentives were agreed due to the investment required by the tenant including ground improvements and installation of palisade fencing.
· There were no alternative sites to consider.
· There are no Crime & Disorder, Equality, Social Value in Contracts, HR, Legal, or ICT implications.
Publication date: 27/11/2020
Date of decision: 12/10/2020