The Local Development Scheme (LDS) is a statutory document outlining the local authority’s work programme for the preparation of development plan documents (DPDs). DPDs are the documents which constitute the Ipswich Local Plan (currently the adopted Core Strategy and Policies DPD Review and the Site Allocations and Policies (incorporating IP-One Area Action Plan) DPD). Other planning documents, such as supplementary planning documents, may also be included in the LDS, but these are not required by law.
The LDS needs to be reviewed and updated in order to:
• reflect the adoption of the Ipswich Local Plan in February 2017;
• update progress on the joint or aligned Local Plan Review DPD, which is being prepared with three neighbouring local planning authorities;
• update progress on supplementary planning documents;
· add a review of the Ipswich Statement of Community Involvement; and
• introduce a number of new supplementary planning documents being prepared by the Council.
Decision type: Key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Notice of proposed decision first published: 04/09/2017
Decision due: 5 Feb 2019 by Executive
No change since last plan
Lead member: Portfolio Holder: Development & Museums
Contact: Sarah Barker Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01473 432000.
Supplementary Planning Documents and timetables have been discussed with relevant officers where they involve joint work with other teams. Discussions with neighbouring local planning authorities about joint or aligned local plan reviews are ongoing.