In April 2015 a working group was formed to begin developing a destination management plan for Ipswich.
Funding provided by Ipswich Central was used to commission two reports from AECOM, a baseline summary and an action plan. The recommendation from AECOM was to create a Destination Management Organisation (DMO) to enable the delivery of the action plan.
In July 2015, the Board of Ipswich Central established a DMO Company, and a management group was created with a mix of public and private partners including 3 seats for Ipswich Borough Council.
Ipswich Borough Council does not provide any core funding to the DMO, but have been approached to fund a one-off digital marketing campaign of £10,000 to support the launch and rebrand of the All About Ipswich website.
The overall objectives of the campaign are / were:
· To provide a benchmark for future campaigns;
· To show outbound clicks to other businesses;
· To report where traffic comes from and how people are viewing the site;
· To gain visitor profiles;
· To build upon the 22% of traffic that visited the site from London during September 2016;
· To encourage email sign ups to allaboutipswich.com;
· To increase followers on all social media platforms, aiming for a 5% increase on Facebook.
There are sufficient funds in the 2016/17 Economic Development budget for this commitment.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 10/02/2017
Decision due: 6 Feb 2017 by Officer Decision
This proposal has been discussed with the Portfolio Holder (i.e. the Leader of the Council) who supports it.