The Anglia Business Exhibition (ABE) is organised by the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and ISSBA. For the last 3 years Ipswich Borough Council has been a 2nd Tier Sponsor of the event.
As well as sponsorship of the event IBC also host a stand.
In past years, visitors to the Council’s stand have requested information in relation to;
· Investment into the town
· Car parking
· Financial information / support regarding new business start-ups
· Signposting to other agencies.
With the potential for circa 2000 visitors, this event is an ideal opportunity to showcase the support the Council can provide to its SME’s and the future plans and growth the town has to offer.
There are three funding options;
· Option One – do not fund (no provision of sponsorship or stand)
· Option Two – Fund (sponsorship and stand) for one Year at a cost of £5,000
· Option Three – Fund (sponsorship and stand for three years at an overall cost of £13,500, funding of £4,500 per year
The decision is to fund option three – effectively a continuation of the level of support that the Council has provided in recent years,
Funding for three years enables IBC to influence the shape of the event, the three year ‘package’ is more cost effective that single year arrangements - providing a saving of £1,500. The three year package also enables IBC to select a stand prior to general sales.
As a strategic partner in the 2017 event IBC will be able to host a one hour reception / networking event, the space provided has the capacity to hold 50 delegates.
There is provision within the budget for this commitment.
Decision type: Non-key
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Wards affected: (All Wards);
Notice of proposed decision first published: 10/10/2016
Decision due: 29 Sep 2016 by Officer Decision