22.1 The Head of Resource Management explained that as the Audit & Governance Committee meetings were limited to four per annum, it had not been possible for this report to be considered by the Committee prior to it being submitted to Executive. Therefore, as the report had been considered by Executive on 11 August 2015, revised recommendations were circulated.
22.2 Councillor Phillips asked why £23k of leases funded by loans had been added to the capital programme in 2015/16? It was agreed that further information on this would be supplied to Committee members after the meeting. Concern was expressed that there was a deficit in the capital programme. It was explained that Executive assessed the figures on an ongoing basis to make any changes to the capital programme based on the expected receipts forecast. It was agreed that further information on this would be supplied to Committee members after the meeting.
1. that the service budget performance for the General Fund, be noted.
2. that, at Executive on 11 August 2015 it was approved that a Supplementary Estimate from ‘Additional Commitments’ for General Fund services of £170,000, be noted.
3. that the future year effects for the General Fund, be noted.
4. that the service budget performance for the Housing Revenue Account, be noted.
5. that the budget performance for the Shared Revenues Partnership (SRP), be noted.
6. that the position on the 2015/16 and future years Capital Programme and financing resources, be noted.
7. that at Executive on 11 August 2015, the changes to the Capital Programme detailed in paragraphs 10.2 were approved, be noted.
8. that the position in respect of the Council’s Treasury Management activities during 2015/16, be noted.
9. that at Executive on 11 August 2015, £85,457.94, relating to business rates payable by Nowtrend Ltd, was authorised for write off against the business rates bad debt provision, be noted.
10.that at Executive on 11 August 2015, £108,384.21, relating to Council Tax payable by City Living Developments (Ipswich) Limited, was authorised for write off against the Council Tax bad debt provision, be noted.