Land rear of 28-50 Freehold Road, 3-17 Kemball Street, Clementine Gardens
Ward: ST JOHNS
Proposal: Erection of 5 dwellings with associated vehicular access and external works.
Address: Land rear of 28-50 Freehold Road, 3-17 Kemball Street, Clementine Gardens
Applicant: Ruby Homes (EA) Ltd
Agent: Last and Tricker Partnership
The Development Management Team Leader presented the report illustrated by drawings and photographs.
Mr Ben Reay, of Last & Tricker Partnership, spoke on behalf of the applicant in support of the application:
- Proposal follows design to that on the east of the site.
- 6 houses to the east were very popular and all sold before completed.
- Similar design to that to the east – contemporary design, layout and appearance.
- Proposed development has one house buyer waiting.
- Same materials to be used as per development to the east.
- Parking standards in accordance with guidance.
- Sycamore trees of no amenity value and so not a constraint to development.
- Urban Design Officer found proposal acceptable.
- Only 2 objections to the development received.
- Proposal complied with policies and guidance and would deliver a high-quality development.
- Applicant content with suggested conditions.
Councillor Kreidewolf requested that the proposed Construction Management Plan take into consideration the comments made in the representations with regards to the blocking of the driveway of a disabled resident during the construction of the adjacent development.
Grant planning permission upon condition that (briefly):-
1. Development to be in accordance with plans.
2. Details to be submitted and approved:- external materials and maintenance regime (cedar cladding); hard and soft landscaping scheme including external surfacing and maintenance regime over 5 year period (soft landscaping only); boundary treatments; secure cycle storage details; refuse/recycle storage and presentation details; tree protection plan; biodiversity enhancements; electric vehicle recharging provision; external lighting (low level). Agreed details to be fully implemented prior to occupation.
3. Replacement planting within 5-year period if soft landscaping removed or become seriously damaged or diseased.
4. Dwellings to meet necessary energy and water use sustainability targets as required by policy DM1.
5. Submission of a pre-commencement Construction Management Plan to be submitted and approved which includes no obstruction of existing residential driveways by construction vehicles/equipment during the construction phase.
6. Submission of a pre-commencement Land Contamination Assessment.
7. Any unidentified contamination (if found) to be reported to the Local Planning Authority.
8. Vehicular access and driveway to be laid out and completed in accordance with submitted drawings.
9. Access onto Clementine Gardens to be properly surfaced for a minimum distance of 7 metres from the edge of the metalled carriageway prior to the occupation of the first dwelling.
10. Details to be submitted to prevent discharge of surface water onto the highway.
11. The areas shown for the purposes of loading, unloading manoeuvring and parking of vehicles to be provided.
12. No part of the development shall be commenced until a photographic condition survey of the highways fronting and near to the site has been submitted.
13. Removal of PD rights – Classes A, B, C, and E.
1. Ipswich Borough Council supports the use of automatic sprinkler systems.