Websters Trade Yard, Dock Street
Proposal: Demolition of existing buildings and erection of nine residential units (8 flats and 1 ‘executive residence’) plus associated car parking and cycle storage. Site within floodzone 2 and 3.
Address: Websters Trade Yard, Dock Street
Applicant: Mr Monk
Agent: Mr Ben Willis
The Development Management Team Leader presented the report illustrated by drawings and photographs.
Grant planning permission upon condition that (briefly):-
1. Development to be in accordance with plans.
2. Details to be submitted and approved:- External materials; Hard and soft landscaping including external surfaces; Details of the specification to be provided for secure cycle storage; Details of refuse/recycle presentation areas; Boundary treatments; External lighting details; Details relating privacy screens to terraced balconies; Renewable or low-carbon energy provision; Ecological enhancement measures. All agreed details to be provided prior to occupation.
3. Dwellings to meet necessary energy and water use sustainability targets as required by policy DM1.
4. Submission of Pre-commencement phase 2 Geoenvironmental investigation including an intrusive site investigation and asbestos survey. Submission of phase 3 report demonstrating remediation options. No occupation of any part of the development should take place until a verification report has been submitted to the local planning authority.
5. Submission of details of any unidentified contamination on commencement of demolition/construction.
6. Submission of Pre-commencement Written Scheme of Archaeological Investigation.
7. No buildings shall be occupied until the site investigation and post investigation assessment has been completed, submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
8. Submission of a Pre-commencement method statement addressing safety of people (including the provision and adequacy of an emergency plan, temporary refuge and
rescue or evacuation arrangements); safety of the building; and flood recovery measures (including flood proofing and other building level resistance and resilience measures).
9. No development shall commence until details of the strategy for the disposal of surface water on the site have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority.
10. No development shall commence until details of the implementation, maintenance and management of the strategy for the disposal of surface water on the site have been submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority.
11. No development shall commence until details of a Construction Surface Water Management Plan (CSWMP) detailing how surface water and storm water will be managed on the site during construction (including demolition and site clearance operations) is submitted to and agreed in writing by the local planning authority.
12. Before the development is occupied a scheme of highway improvements shall be submitted to, approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority and implemented. The highway improvements shall include measures to reduce vehicle speeds along Dock Street and appropriate signage.
13. Before the development is occupied details of the proposed signage within the site shall be submitted to, approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority and implemented.
14. The new vehicular access shall be laid out and completed in all respects in accordance with Drawing No. 8405/015 Revision D and be made available for use prior to occupation of the first unit.
15. Before the access is first used visibility splays shall be provided as shown on Drawing No. 8405/015 Revision D with the planter and any planting restricted to 600mm in height above the level of the adjacent carriageway.
16. Before the development is commenced details shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority showing the means to prevent the discharge of surface water from the development onto the highway.
17. The areas to be provided for storage of refuse/recycling bins as shown on drawing number 8405/015 Revision D shall be provided in its entirety before the development is brought into use and shall be retained thereafter for no other purpose.
18. The use shall not commence until the areas within the site shown on 8405/015 Revision D for the purposes of loading/unloading, manoeuvring and parking of vehicles and cycles has been provided and thereafter those areas shall be retained and used for no other purposes.
19. Before the development is occupied details of the electric vehicle recharging infrastructure shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority. The approved scheme shall be carried out in its entirety before the development is brought into use and shall be retained.
20. Submission of a Pre-commencement Construction and Demolition Management Plan.
21. Prior to occupation, details of the long-term management of communal areas and refuse/recycling facilities to be submitted.
1. Ipswich Borough Council supports the use of automatic sprinklers.
2. Comments from Suffolk Fire and Rescue regarding provision for access and firefighting facilities, and water supplies.