Venue: Gipping Room - Grafton House. View directions
Contact: Linda Slowgrove 01473 432511
Apologies for Absence
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor Smart and Ann Hedges.
To consider the Minutes of the meeting held on 24 January 2017.
that the Minutes of the meeting held on 24 January 2017 be signed as a true record.
To Confirm or Vary the Order of Business
that the Order of Business be confirmed as printed on the Agenda.
Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest.
The Committee is recommended to note and approve the Business Plan 2017-22 for the Colchester & Ipswich Museum Service and its appendices.
Mr Seaman (Colchester and Ipswich Museum Service Manager)
highlighted the purpose of the Business Plan and requested comments
from the Committee on the strategic 5-year Business Plan and the
Action Plan for 2017/18.
The following points were raised in relation to the Business Plan
2017 – 2022:
· Page 2 – Background: 3rd paragraph, second line should read as “…. will face significant economic and social challenges …”.
· Page 5 – Aims: Audiences – there should be a more general marketing aim, not just digital marketing.
· Page 7 – Context: Economic – this should read as “Recognising the existing and growing financial pressures …”.
· Page 12 – Outcomes: Audiences – there should be reference to the use of marketing to not only maintain existing audiences, but to build on them as well.
· Page 12 – Outcomes: Audiences – Colchester Castle should be seeking to expand its audience.
· Page 12 – Outcomes: Audiences – the reference to the project with the children of homeless families should be listed as an example.
· Page 12 – Outcomes: Audiences – include an example of cross-arts programmes.
· Page 13 – Buildings – should the storage facilities be included?
There should be a definition of diversity included, making
reference to the Equality & Diversity policies adopted by each
The following points were raised in relation to the Action Plan
2017/18 (Appendix 1):
· Objective 1.2 – re: capture of email addresses, reflect the need to identify a baseline and request a significant increase on that baseline.
· Objective 3.2 – third measure should read as “4 x Trainee led sessions in their former schools”.
· Objective 4.1 – include reference to the use of visitor emails as a marketing technique.
· Objective 5.2 – request a significant increase on the use of tablets in Colchester Castle based on existing take up levels.
Objective 14.5 – include reference to the Employers
The following points were raised in relation to the Performance
Targets for 2017/18 (Appendix 2):
· Ensure that future targets are adjusted to reflect any known closure of facilities, e.g. recent works undertaken as Christchurch Mansion.
Total Income Target (CIMS) for 2017/18 for Colchester Castle should
read as £94,300, not £94,200.
The following points were raised in relation to the Strategic Risk
Register (Appendix 3):
At the bottom of the page, include the date that the Strategic Risk
Register was agreed by the Joint Committee.
that, subject to the above amendments, the Colchester and Ipswich Museum Service Business Plan 2017 – 2022 and its appendices be approved.