Decision Maker: Officer Decision
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
· A new Ransomes Sports Pavilion is required to be built at the Ransomes grounds, off Sidegate Lane, Ipswich.
· The Council has followed its procurement processes and tendered for the appointment of a Lead Multi-disciplinary Consultant to develop the design for the new pavilion, produce the necessary tender documentation and then administer the project on behalf of Ipswich Borough Council during the delivery stage.
· The process identifies Samskara Architects as providing the most economically advantageous tender which meets the Council’s needs.
· The contract has been awarded to Samskara Architects. The contract value is £69,150.00 (excl. VAT)
· The contract will enable the development of the Sports Pavilion which will have a high Social Value to the local community.
· There are no Crime & Disorder, Equality, HR or immediate ICT implications involved in the award of the Lead Multi-discipline Consultant to design and administer the project.
· Head of Community and Cultural Services, Sports and Operations Manager, Building and Design Services Operations Manager, Legal Services and Procurement have been consulted regarding this contract.
Publication date: 18/11/2014
Date of decision: 06/11/2014